Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Journal Entry 1


Freshman composition                                   August 30 2013

Ms.Nargiza Matyakubova                                Mingdong Chen

 

Dear Mr. Christopher

                      You were the first person who said “Hello” to me in my first day of school in college, my first impression toward you was that your figure was so strong and vigorous, the dense black moustache, and the rough voice as well. So that I come up with a conclusion that all men should act or look like you.

                     Now it is my turn to introduce myself to you. My name is Mingdong Chen, 21 years old this year, as an immigrant from The people’s of republic in 2010. So I have already lived in the United States for three years or so with my families in an apartment in Brooklyn, where I saw the people form different countries had completely different traditional custom they celebrated. I was used to play basketball with my classmates after class in my homeland, but I hardly played it after I come to United States because I needed to spend more extra time on studying. What’s more, sometime I like to watch movies in computer in midnight for it was quite quiet when everyone had fallen asleep, and as if the entire world is belong to me. I also like to go shopping on line if I have some money in my bankcard. For example I just bought an Isound Twist speaker with the price of $44.50 several days ago.

                     Back to talk about my reading experiences. Actually I seldom read the books from out of class, but that does not mean I never do the reading. I may say I have no time if you don’t mind, or I may also say events happened in the book is none of my business or no relationship with me if you don’t mind again. On the contrary, I promise I must read what the teachers require me to read. When I read a book. First,  I intend to copy out the sentences I think they are the best way to express what I wan to express the meaning in English which I don’t know how to express before I see them, or they are what I think it is the best way to express Chinese in English way. Second, then I will copy out some useful and meaningful vocabularies from the book. Third, I will try to understand and learn the ways those copied sentences express. Of course I understand and learn the lessons or realization left by the book, but I consider it is in the second place.

                      The genre of book I prefer to read is any kind of books that cause me to have interest to read in some ways, or I will close it as soon as I turn some pages. So far I only can read in English and Chinese, so I admire those can speak many countries’ languages very much, I will try anyway. I don’t read on-line newspaper as often as the paper news. I have no that habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment