Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Journal Entry 4


Freshman composition                               September 21 2013

Ms.Nargiza Matyakubova                            Mingdong Chen

 

                     It had been more than three years since I immigrated to settle in the United States when I was 18 years old, as an immigrant from the other continent far away, I had to try my best to accommodate this brand new fast-speeded society as soon as possible. At that time I had only two choices I could pick up, one was that I could go to work to support myself for the rest of life until death, the other one was that I could have a valve chance to continue my education, in someone’s eyes, I should have gone to work at the age of 18 as well as it might be too late to learn new language and mastered it, but my parents’ suggestion was that I should go to school to study English for preparation of the future because the language is the bridge to communicate with people, I thought their suggestion sounded reasonable to me and I considered everyone had his own roads to success, I am different one, so finally I restarted to pick up my schoolbag. However the movement of immigration changed my personality and lifestyle, being responsible for my parents, being independent for myself anytime.

                     Be responsible for parents is an essential duty of being an adult from a teenager. My parents’ personal education was cut off when they were in the first year of middle school, and even they never got in touch with English, thus sometimes i would help them explain the letter written in English what it talked about, sometimes I would accompany with them going to the hospital where people all speak English. Once my father asked me to go with him to the immigration office for the naturalization test for he worried about he might not completely understand what people say to him, yet he inconceivably passed the test in the second time he went which totally surprised me. The other example of the responsibility for my parents is that I will try best to do the all the housework which I did not usually do or not self-conscious until my parents asked me to do so. I cook the breakfast, lunch and supper, washing the dished after that, cleaning the bedroom, kitchen, sitting room, and bathroom as well as cleaning the floor and mopping the floor,, sometimes go down to street to buy the food needed for every meal, and pay the monthly fee of gas, electricity, network and cellphone. Because I have always considered that it not pretty easy for parents to bring up their children form little babies, therefore in my opinions, whatever I do must not make my parents feel suffering, but make them proud of me.

                     Be independent for myself anytime. Everyone has his own unique processing to be independent, for me is when I came to the United States. We all know that American life is filled with busyness, you should be capable of bravely facing any challenges come any time, dealing with difficulty, keeping unmovable during the hard times since everyone has his own business, I have full-time job in the summer holidays, part-time job while I attend to school. Which I can learn “the reality” from my work, which is that the reality is different from the dream, the reality is the front of the dream, people usually obtain the dream after they experience the poignant reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment